Lemony Pound Cake
Yield: 8 (6-slice) cakes
- 3 lb. softened butter
- 4 lb. baker's sugar (fine granulated)
- 3 lb., 8 oz. frozen (thawed) or refrigerated liquid whole eggs
- 4 lb. cake flour
- 1.2 oz. baking powder
- 1 oz. salt
- 2 lb. milk
- 2 oz. lemon extract (or vanilla)
- 0.25 oz. grated lemon peel
Total approximate weight: 16 lb., 12.45 oz.
- Using 3-speed mixer at second speed, mix butter and sugar until creamed.
- Spray-coat 8 small (5 x 9-inch) loaf pans.
- With mixer set at first speed, gradually blend in eggs.
- Add flour mixture alternately with liquid. Do not overmix.
- Portion approximately 2 lb. 1.5 oz. into each pan.
- Bake at 325° F for 55-60 minutes, or until done. Cool before removing from pans.
Click here to locate a U.S. supplier of REAL egg products.
Click here to download a copy of the Egg Buyers’ Guide.