According to consumer research, nearly 90% of Americans believe eggs are a nutritious choice for breakfast, and 82% believe eggs are a healthier breakfast than cereal. Clearly, shoppers are looking for more protein in the morning, and they are increasingly interested in the fact that:
- Eggs are all-natural
- Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein
- Eggs are a good source of Vitamin D
- Eggs are gluten-free
- Eggs are 70 calories
For more about how shoppers think and feel about eggs, check out recent results from our annual tracker research. The findings may surprise you, such as:
- The number of heavy egg users (purchase 3 or more dozen eggs per month) has increased from 38% to 45% over the last four years.
- The number of medium users (purchase 2 dozen eggs per month) has increased 10% since 2009.
- The number of light users (purchase 1 or fewer dozen eggs per month) declined by 28% over the last four years.