Roasted Vegetable Egg Wrap
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 oz. Poblano peppers (2 medium), seeded and julienned
- 12 oz. asparagus (1 bunch), chopped
- 1 oz. (1 cup) sliced mushrooms
- 1 oz. (1/4 cup) shallots
- 1 oz. (1/4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, julienned thin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp. each
- 1/3 cup olive oil divided
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 2 lb., 10 oz.* eggs (24 large), beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 flour tortillas, (10-in.)
- 4 avocados (8-10 oz. ea.) pitted, skinned, quartered and sliced lengthwis
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Prepare vegetables: Heat oven to 350°F. Toss peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, shallots, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper in ¼ cup olive oil. Transfer to a sheet pan and roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once. Remove and keep warm.Sauté spinach in remaining 1 ⅓ tablespoons olive oil just until wilted. Remove from heat, keep warm.
- In a small baking dish, roast garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon olive oil in oven at 350°F for 30 minutes; cool. Blend mayonnaise and garlic until smooth; refrigerate.
- Scramble eggs in melted butter over medium heat until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining; keep warm.
- For each serving, warm a tortilla on a flat grill or in a pan; transfer to a plate. Spread 1 tablespoon garlic-mayonnaise down the center of the tortilla. Place ½ cup scrambled eggs down the center of the tortilla. Top with a quarter of sliced avocado. Spread 2 tablespoons wilted spinach over avocado. Top with ¼ cup roasted vegetables. Roll up, burrito-style. Serve immediately.
NOTE: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).