Hot & Sweet Breakfast Sandwich
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 pork sausage patties (2-3 oz. ea.)
- 8 oz. softened butter
- 24 cinnamon-raisin bread slices (1 oz. ea.)
- 4 lb.* egg (36 large), beaten
- 12 oz. (1 1/2 cups) water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 Cheddar cheese slices (0.75 oz. ea.)
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Grill or pan-fry sausage patties until thoroughly cooked; keep warm.
- Blend butter and maple syrup.
- Toast or grill bread slices; spread one side of each slice with butter blend.
- Blend eggs, water, salt and pepper. For each omelet, portion about ¾ cup egg mixture into spray-coated, non-stick 8-inch pan. Cook, omelet-style, until eggs are firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Fold flat omelets in half, then cut each crosswise.
- Assemble sandwiches: Onto a toasted bread, layer cheese slice, sausage patty and omelet. Close with a toasted bread slice. Serve immediately.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).