Ham & Egg Rolls
Yield: 12 (2-roll) servings
- 2 lb., 10 oz.* eggs (24 large), beaten
- 1 lb. cream cheese, softened and cut in cubes
- 1 lb. fully cooked ham, finely diced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 24 (6 1/2-in.) egg roll wrappers
- 1/3 cup water
- vegetable oil (for frying) as needed
- 24 oz. sweet and sour sauce
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Cook and scramble eggs over medium heat until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Transfer to bowl.
- Gently mix in cream cheese, ham, green onions, and seasoning. Use immediately or refrigerate until needed.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers; brush edges with water.
- Divide and portion filling (approximately 1/3 cup) across widest part of each egg roll wrapper. Roll up egg roll-style, sealing edges.
- Deep-fry at 350°F for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated and golden brown; drain.
- For each serving, portion 2 rolls with 2 oz. sauce. Serve immediately.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture or uncooked egg rolls remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).