Club Sandwich Espana
Yield: 12 sandwiches
- 12 oz. mayonnaise (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 oz. parsley, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb., 8 oz. thick-sliced applewood bacon (24 slices)
- 1 lb., 5 oz. eggs* (12 large)
- Approx. 2 lb., 4 oz. country or hearty bread, toasted (24 slices)
- 1 lb., 8 oz. serrano ham, very thinly sliced
- 12 oz. manchego cheese, sliced (12 slices)
- Approx. 2 lb. tomatoes (4 large), cut into 6 slices each
- 12 oz. crisp lettuce leaves (12 leaves)
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product for scrambled or omelet-style.
- Prepare flavored mayonnaise: Blend mayonnaise, parsley, and cumin. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crisp; reserve and keep warm.
- For each sandwich, using about 2 teaspoons bacon drippings per egg, cook eggs until whites are set (completely coagulated and firm) and the yolks begin to thicken (no longer runny, but not hard). Or cook beaten eggs scrambled egg or omelet-style, until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Assemble each sandwich: Spread each of 2 slices of toasted bread with 1 heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture. Top one slice with 1 oz. ham, 1 oz. cheese, 1 egg, 2 slices bacon, 2 slices tomato, and 1 lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread slice. Serve immediately.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).