Chipotle Chicken Breakfast Burrito
Yield: 12 servings
- 24 oz. (3 cups) prepared salsa verde
- 12 oz. (3 cups) diced avocado
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 lb., 10 oz.* eggs (24 large), beaten
- 12 flour tortillas (10-in. size), warm
- 1 lb., 8 oz. roasted, diced skinless chicken, heated through
- 1 lb. (4 cups) seeded and diced tomato
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) canned, or diced green chilies (or jalapeño)
- Cilantro sprigs as needed, for garnish
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Prepare sauce: Blend salsa, avocado and chilies (or jalapeño) in adobo sauce in small bowl.
- Cook and scramble eggs in spray-coated nonstick pan or on griddle until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Portion onto center of each warm tortilla 2/3 cup eggs, 2 oz. chicken, 1/3 cup tomatoes and 1 tablespoon chilies. Sprinkle on 1 oz. cheese.
- Roll up tortilla, envelope-style. Serve with ½ cup salsa and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).