Breakfast Club Flatbread Sandwich
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 lb., 10 oz.* eggs (24 large)
- 12 oz. (1 1/2 cups) water
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper
- 12 flatbreads (8 to 9-inch rounds or oblongs)
- 12 oz. Canadian bacon
- 12 oz. turkey deli meat slices
- 12 cooked bacon slices, halved (1 oz. each)
- 18 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Blend eggs, water and spices.
- For each sandwich, pour ⅔ cup egg mixture into a spray-coated nonstick 8-inch pan. Cook, omelet-style, until eggs are firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Position flatbread horizontally. Add omelet. Onto left side of the omelet, layer 1 oz. Canadian bacon, 1 oz. turkey, 2 bacon halves and 1½ oz. cheese. Fold flatbread in half.
- Grill or fry flatbread over medium heat just until cheese melts and heated throughout.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).