Yield: 12 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. (2 cups) red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 oz. (2 cups) onion, thin sliced
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. basil, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb., 14 oz. Philly steak slices (12, 2.5 oz. ea.) frozen
- 2 lb., 10 oz.* eggs (24 large)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon-pepper blend
- 24 slices Provolone cheese (0.75 oz. ea.)
- 12 flour tortillas (8- to 9-in. size.)
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Grill peppers, onions, and garlic in olive oil until soft and lightly browned. Sprinkle on basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss; keep warm.
- Grill steak slices on hot grill until thoroughly cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes; keep warm.
- Blend eggs, salt, and lemon-pepper. Cook and scramble eggs in small batches, as needed, until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Keep eggs warm.
- For each sandwich, layer 2 slices cheese, 1.5 oz. onion mixture, 2.5 oz. cooked meat slices, and 1/2 cup scrambled eggs on half of one side of tortilla. Fold tortilla over; grill or cook on panini press until cheese is melted. Cut in half to serve. Serve immediately.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).