Yield: 48 rolls
- 0.75 oz. active dry yeast
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) warm water (105° to 110°F)
- 1 lb., 8 oz. (3 cups) softened butter
- 1 lb., 10 oz. frozen (thawed) liquid whole eggs
- 3 oz., (6 tbsp.) sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 lb., 3 oz. (9 cups) flour
- 5.2 oz. frozen (thawed) liquid whole eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
Total approximate weight: 6 lb., 9 oz.
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add butter, eggs (1 lb., 10 oz.), sugar, salt and 1 lb. 3 oz. of flour initially. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Add remaining flour, beat until smooth.
- Mix 5.2 oz. eggs with 2 tbsp. water
- Cover bowl and proof until doubled, 1 to 2 hours. Punch down dough.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours; punch down dough.
- Spray coat 48 (1/2 cup each) muffin cups or brioche pans.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Cut off a 12 oz. portion; refrigerate.
- Cut remaining dough in half; refrigerate one-half.
- Slice non-refrigerated dough into 1.9 oz. portions; roll into balls. Place in muffin/brioche cups. Repeat with remaining half.
- Cut the 12 oz. dough into .25 oz. pieces. Roll each piece into a small ball.
- With lightly floured clean finger, make 1/2-inch deep indentation in center of each larger dough ball. Place a ball into each indentation.
- Proof additional 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Gently brush egg wash onto tops of rolls. Bake until firm and golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool or serve immediately.
Locate a U.S. supplier of REAL egg products